Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful)
Since its foundation, Blanchelande's motto has been 'Semper Fidelis - Always Faithful'. For many years we have faithfully upheld the following vision statement and 'Golden Rules' for behaviour.
Striving to be a family always faithful to the example of Our Lord Jesus Christ
We shall always try to
- Respect ourselves and one another
- Make full use of all the gifts God has given us
- Join in the life of our school, our church and our island
- Be aware of the world around us and make it a fairer place
- Take joy in and work to protect all of God’s creation
The Golden Rules
- Do your best to be your best
- Be kind and helpful
- Treat others as you would like to be treated
- Be polite and well-mannered
- Respect the views of everyone in our community and beyond
'Lord, let me grow into the person you want me to be.'