Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful)
Since its foundation, Blanchelande's motto has been 'Semper Fidelis - Always Faithful'.
Blanchelande College, as a Catholic school, seeks to be a family always faithful to the example of Our Lord Jesus Christ, striving to become all that God wants us to be.
At Blanchelande College we strive for excellence and high achievement in all that we do.
We achieve this by providing a stimulating, broad and balanced curriculum that is relevant to, and challenging for, each pupil. Our pupils have a wide range of academic abilities. We commit to maximising their academic attainment so they can achieve their full potential.
By nurturing pupils’ potential within a sharing and supportive community, they are able to identify and develop their unique skills and grow in self-confidence, independence and compassion.
As a Catholic school, we are fully inclusive and welcome pupils from all faiths and backgrounds.
We shall always try to
- Respect ourselves and one another
- Make full use of all the gifts God has given us
- Join in the life of our school, our church and our island
- Be aware of the world around us and make it a fairer place
- Take joy in and work to protect all of God’s creation
The Golden Rules
- Do your best to be your best
- Be kind and helpful
- Treat others as you would like to be treated
- Be polite and well-mannered
- Respect the views of everyone in our community and beyond
'Lord, let me grow into the person you want me to be.'