Pastoral care & Learning Support
At Blanchelande, we value each child as an individual with unique gifts and attributes. To be the best version of themselves, we promote and support each child’s mental, emotional and physical health, and our school aims centre of the flourishing of each individual:
- That the Blanchelande family experiences a safe environment where each young person flourishes.
- That, by fostering their gifts and talents, each pupil develops their personal vocation.
- That the intellectual life of inquiry is directed by the search for truth, beauty and goodness.
- That pupils learn to communicate with accuracy, logic and style.
- That pupils engage in service and charity, helping others and preserving God’s creation.
- That pupils extend their cultural horizons and have opportunities to experience and participate in the arts.
- That pupils nurture their health, growing in endeavour and enjoyment of true leisure.
Three Rules for Life
- Use your talents to pursue what is good.
- Treat other people as you would like them to treat you.
- Be tolerant and open to respectful debate.
‘Lord, help me to grow into the person you have made me to become.’
At Blanchelande College, we want each child to enjoy high self-esteem, have empathy towards others; respect themselves, others and the environment; and have a deep appreciation of our core Catholic values.
The network of pastoral care at Blanchelande ensures there are plenty of opportunities for students to access support if they need it.
The Pastoral Care structure
The core pastoral team consists of the Head of Pastoral Care, the Deputy Head of Pastoral Care and the Pastoral Mentor. The pastoral team supports the Heads of Phase: Head of Infants, Head of Juniors, Head of Lower Seniors, Head of Upper Seniors and Head of Sixth Form. The Phase Leaders in turn oversee the class teachers (Primary) and form tutors (Senior and Sixth Form) who provide the day-to-day oversight of each pupil’s well-being. All staff are trained to listen to pupils and observe their well-being, and to log any concerns.
At Blanchelande College, every student is a hero on their own unique journey and our Learning Support Department helps children achieve their individual goals and aspirations. We work with parents and carers to meet the specific needs of each child.
Some of our interventions include:
- Fiddly Fingers (Infant fine motor skills)
- Playdoh Club (Infant communication and interaction skills)
- Lego Club (Junior communication and interaction skills)
- Anxiety Gremlins
- Attention Autism (an inspiring teaching methos for all children)
- Codebreakers (Junior literacy intervention groups)
- Core Consolidation (Senior learning support embedded in the timetable)
- Senior GCSE Subject Clubs
- Individual Maths or English lessons
- Individual lessons from the Dyslexia Day Centre
- Close work with outside agencies and professionals
For further information about our Learning Support department, please contact our Head of Learning Support / SENCO, Miss Fay. Email email@example.com